Cardia Bioplastics is a subsidiary company of SECOS Group Limited (ACN 064 755 237 – ASX Code SES).
SECOS Group Limited is a leader in sustainable packaging and was formed through the merger of Cardia Bioplastics and Stellar Films Group in April 2015. It develops, manufactures and markets its proprietary high quality cast films and patented renewable resource-based materials and finished products derived from its proprietary Cardia technology for the global packaging and plastic products industries.
The company Headquarters and Global Application Development Centre is in Melbourne, Australia. Cardia Bioplastics’ Product Development Centre and manufacturing plant for resins and finished products is in Nanjing, China. Stellar Films’ manufacturing plants for high quality cast films are located in Melbourne, Australia and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
SHAREHOLDER COMMUNICATION POLICY
POLICY ON CONTINUOUS DISCLOSURE
Cardia Bioplastics has:
- Extensive intellectual property and a strong patent position
- Products accredited to international standards
- Product development activities in Australia, China and Europe
- Cost effective manufacturing in China
- An Australian head office managing 51 employees in operational offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia
- A global network of industry leading distributors
- Engaged with major consumer packaged goods and global packaging companies
The success of the Cardia Bioplastics is in the flexible product choice offered to customers. Cardia Bioplastics customers can design and make their products to meet their customers’ performance and sustainability requirements.
Cardia Bioplastics enables customers to produce more sustainable packaging and plastics products. With sustainable and renewable packaging estimated to be less than 1% of the global $180 billion packaging industry, Cardia Bioplastics has identified this huge growth sector as its initial target.
The drivers for growth for sustainable resins in packaging include rapidly expanding new economies, society’s increasing demand for convenience and demand for pre-packaged goods and pre-prepared food.
The drivers for change from existing packaging materials to sustainable resins include:
- Traditional plastics are made from oil – a finite resource with volatile pricing
- Most plastics applications are for short term use creating waste disposal and litter issues
- Government legislation and taxes are being introduced internationally to minimize disposal and litter issues
- Global brand owners and retailers looking for sustainable solutions
Cardia Bioplastics products are based on the company’s intellectual property and patents, and includes:
Cardia Biohybrid™ resins – Sustainable resins combining renewable thermoplastics with polyolefin materials to reduce customers’ dependence on finite oil resources and reduce their carbon footprint.
Cardia Compostable resins – This range of fully biodegradable resins meets the major international standards for compostability – Europe EN 13432, USA ASTM D 6400, Japan Greenpla, and Australia AS 4736 – so, customers can meet the strictest regulatory standards and highest consumer expectations.
Cardia Bioplastics finished goods – The Cardia Bioplastics team offers customers a complete product design, development and delivery service for finished film and bag goods or you can shop our off the shelf range at myecobag.com.au